top of page


  • Mold thrives when moisture is present. Before any mold is removed, the moisture problem must be found and corrected.


  • Exposure to mold spores, both live and dead, and their byproducts like microbial volatile organic compounds (MVOCs), mycotoxins, connecting filaments, etc. can cause illnesses ranging from minor allergic reactions, respiratory problems like asthma and sinusitis, to more serious, life threatening illnesses.


  • With respect to health, every individual responds to mold differently. Some people become ill, others don’t. A little bit of mold can make some residents of a property sick, but will not have an impact on others. Research has shown that 25% of the population have a genetic predisposition to mold illness and the condition known as Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS).


  • Mold is a biological agent that will continue to grow as long as the right conditions exist. This is the reason that mold is such a concern, unless it is removed and the underlying moisture cause is fixed mold will thrive. In short, ignoring a mold problem will make the situation worse and pose more dangers to someones health and damage to the areas where it grows.


  • Contractors trained in mold removal, refer to the process as “remediation” because they have invested in specialized training and equipment and take precautions to prevent the spread of the mold in other parts of the building. Mold remediation specialists will never recommend a “quick fix” because they understand that relying on mold sprays, bleach, biocides, and fungicides are an ineffective “short cut” to mold removal.

Mold Basics:

Adderley Restoration is trained and certified through the IICRC to identify, eliminate mold and prevent mold growth after restoration. Since

1998 our company has been

providing successful solutions for 

mold to business owners

and families like ours and we

are ready to help you! 


Molds release small “spores” into the air. So, when mold grows indoors, the number of mold spores and fragments is usually higher indoors than it is outdoors. These spores are small enough that people can actually inhale them deep into the lungs. Inhalation of spores poses risk of developing respiratory problems. With the exception of winter months mold spores are always present outdoors.

Why is mold dangerous?

bleach must be used on clean materials and surfaces. This is why bleach products are used in the laundry after the wash cycle or in a commercial kitchen as a component in the third sink after the dishes have been washed and rinsed. The efficacy of bleach as a sanitizer is also compromised by heat and light. Despite the fact that the chlorine odor may linger for some time after use, bleach loses strength so quickly that it is not considered to have a residual effect that would prevent future bacterial or fungal growth. 

Need Help?

Please give us a call @ 812-560-1857! We will be happy to answer any questions you have and help you find a solution to your mold problem! 

The most misunderstood aspect of bleach when proposed as a cleaner or sanitizing agent is that its effectiveness is greatly reduced in the presence of organic material. To be a successful sanitizer,

The Bleach Myth 

What is

Mold, one type of fungus, is different from

plants, animals and bacteria. Molds are eukaryotic micro-organisms that are decomposers of dead organic material such as leaves, wood and plants.

The spores and hair-like bodies of individual mold colonies are too small for us to see without a microscope. When a lot of mold is growing on a surface, it often appears black, blue or green.

The color of the mold is determined by the

type and is influenced by the nutrient

source, surface substrate and

the age of the colony.


bottom of page